Tuesday, March 6, 2018

UPDATE - 6 March 2018

Good day, readers. I hope you are all well. I just wanted to give a quick update regarding the site.

I was in a car accident last week (don't worry, I'm fine) and I am currently dealing with the fallout of the situation. Not only am I working on the bureaucracy with resolving the issue with insurance, but I have been restlessly shopping for a new car, and I'm sure many of you know just how much fun that is. As you can imagine, this has been taking up a tremendous chunk of my time this past week, and will continue to for another few days. Because of this, there will be no reviews this weekend (9-11 March) - I also would have had a TON of reviews to work on, as there would have been eight movies this weekend.

This brings me to my next point. While I hope this will be a rare occurrence, I've noted a couple of weekends in March that are most likely going to be very busy ones as far as the volume of movies released. Because of this, I am making the following alteration: with the exception of eagerly awaited titles (Call Me by Your Name, for example), foreign/indie/art-house films will be reviewed during the week instead of the weekend. If this occurrence of exceptionally busy weekends proves to be a rarity, I may void this decision (with the exception of busy weekends, of course). I hope you all understand.

Best Regards,

Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED TO 'GREATEST FAVORITES': Akira (1988)

Directed by Katsuhiro Otomo “Neo Tokyo is about to explode.” So boasts the famous tagline for Akira , and it couldn’t be more ...